- Policies & Fees
- Wireless (Wifi)
- Copyright & Fair Use*
- Directions & Parking
- Research Resources
- Classes & Group Visits
- Remote Resources & Services for UCSB Library Users
Planning Your Research Visit
Please submit reading room requests ahead of time using the Special Collections Research Account online system. We especially recommend that out-of-town researchers or researchers working on time-sensitive projects contact staff at least two weeks ahead of your visit. Some materials need to be retrieved from off-site and will not be immediately available without advance notice. Researchers may also want to contact one of our curators or other Special Research Collections staff for more in-depth reference assistance.
- For UCSB Affiliates (requires active NetID): Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)
- For Non-UCSB Affiliates
- Connect to the UCSB Wireless Web network
- Open a browser
- Select the self-registration link found at the bottom of the login page
- Complete form to receive credentials
Audiovisual materials must be requested ahead of time because it may be necessary to reformat the materials before they can be accessed. For more information on accessing audio/visual materials, please visit Access to the Sound Recordings.
*Please refer to individual collections guides for additional publication rights information.