- Policies & Fees
- Wireless (Wifi)
- Directions & Parking
- Research Resources
- Classes & Group Visits
Planning Your Research Visit
Please submit reading room requests ahead of time using the Special Collections Research Account online system. We especially recommend that out-of-town researchers or researchers working on time-sensitive projects contact staff at least two weeks ahead of your visit. Some materials need to be retrieved from off-site and will not be immediately available without advance notice. Researchers may also want to contact one of our curators or other Special Research Collections staff for more in-depth reference assistance.
- For UCSB Affiliates (requires active NetID): Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)
- For Non-UCSB Affiliates:
- Check to see if your institution is an "eduroam" institution: https://www.eduroam.us/institutions
- Campus visitors from participating institutions can simply select eduroam from their operating system Wi-Fi options and login using their institution's credentials. If you experience any issues with eduroam while visiting UCSB, please contact your home institution's service desk.
- Campus visitors not from a participating eduroam institution should submit a request for Wi-Fi access prior to your research visit via email to special [at] library [dot] ucsb [dot] edu with the following information
- Special Collections Research Account username
- Start date of visit
- End date of visit
Audiovisual materials must be requested ahead of time because it may be necessary to reformat the materials before they can be accessed. For more information on accessing audio/visual materials, please visit Access to the Sound Recordings.