Data, Research, Exploration, Access, Methods.
We support data-intensive research, experimentation and learning with new technologies, and access to advanced computational methods for students, faculty, and staff across the campus. Our new name reflects the fact that data, research, exploration, accessibility, and methodological rigor are the foundations of everything we do. Learn more about our new name.
- We are open for drop-in computing and consultation.
- VR / AR Studio open and reservable.
- We have a wide variety of software available in the DREAM Lab and on Azure Labs virtual machines.
- We are teaching Carpentry Workshops.
We can help you find data in the Library's collections, choose an appropriate toolset, or get you started using a wide variety of data analysis tools, including R and Python. You can request a remote or in-person consultation by emailing email@example.com.
Virtual Machines and Remote Software Access
We offer remote access to specialized software on Azure Labs virtual machines thanks to a gift from Microsoft. This service will continue until the end of Spring quarter, June 16 2023.
Analytical Software & Tools
- Specialized tools like Eikon, NVIVO, and BrandWatch on request (licenses are limited)
- ArcMap requests will now be through the Limited/Specialty request form
- ALL students, faculty, and staff have access to site-licensed software such as Esri's ArcGIS and SPSS
We offer custom-designed workshops for selected courses and tools, as well as a variety of Software and Data Carpentry Workshops. View our public events schedule and Google calendar
The DREAM Lab helps organize the UCSB Carpentry Community.
The DREAM Lab is the Library's main point of access to Datasets, including geospatial data, tabular data, and a slew of other specialized resources. NEW! Planet Labs daily satellite imagery