Data, Research, Exploration, Access, Methods.
We support data-intensive research, experimentation and learning with new technologies, and access to advanced computational methods for students, faculty, and staff across the campus. Data, research, exploration, accessibility, and methodological rigor are the foundations of everything we do. Learn more about our new name.
- We are open for drop-in computing and consultations.
- VR / AR Studio on hold for equipment install. But you can still sign up for access!
- We have a wide variety of software available in the DREAM Lab and on Azure Labs virtual machines.
- We are teaching Carpentry Workshops.
We can help you find data in the Library's collections, choose an appropriate toolset, or get you started using a wide variety of data analysis tools, including R and Python. You can request a remote or in-person consultation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Machines and Remote Software Access
We offer remote access to specialized software on Azure Labs virtual machines
Analytical Software & Tools
- Specialized tools like Esri ArcGIS, Eikon, NVIVO, and BrandWatch using this request form (licenses are limited)
- ALL students, faculty, and staff have access to site-licensed software such as Esri's ArcGIS and SPSS
The DREAM Lab helps organize the UCSB Carpentry Community.
The DREAM Lab is the Library's main point of access to Datasets, including geospatial data, tabular data, and a slew of other specialized resources. NEW! Planet Labs daily satellite imagery