The Special Collections Research Account, offers researchers an efficient way to manage Special Research Collections visits and requests online – anytime and from anywhere. After a one-time required registration process, researchers are able to:
- Request books in advance along with other materials from Special Research Collections (journals, magazines, microfilm, manuscripts, and even audiovisual materials) directly from the Library Catalog;
- Compile multiple requests for an event, such as class visits, lectures/talks, and research visits;
- Order digital scans, photocopies, and audio/video reproductions;
- Track the progress of requests in order to plan visits accordingly and avoid delays and other inconveniences;
- Securely access account history to keep track of previous requests and orders; and
- Pay for copies and scans with a credit card.
UC Santa Barbara faculty, staff, and students will use their NetID and Password for registration, while visiting scholars will be invited to create a unique login.
For Library staff, this innovative online tool reduces the reliance on paper forms and manual data entry, and allows for faster and more convenient communication with researchers.
The Special Collections Research Account is powered by a system called Aeon, which is now in use by four other UC campuses and by leading university libraries around the country.
Register for your Special Collections Research Account now at http://researchspecial.library.ucsb.edu/.
For a step-by-step outline on how to submit requests please visit our How to Use the Special Collections Research Account webpage.