Melvyl, the UCSB Library's connection to library collections across the UCs and around the world, is getting a new and improved user interface starting Monday, June 17. Melvyl is a discovery platform designed for the UC system that offers the ability to search and request hundreds of millions of items from research institutions worldwide through a single search box.
Although differences in the user experience are not substantial, the new version of Melvyl (which is powered by OCLC’s WorldCat Discovery) does come with some advantages:
- Cleaner, crisper search page
- Improved search algorithm delivers more relevant results
- Ability to search by title
- Improved filters to refine searches
- Easily identify publication ownership
- Links to actions to cite, email, or link
- Responsive design for multiple devices
Personal lists created on Melvyl’s current WorldCat Local platform will not automatically transfer to WorldCat Discovery. Instructions for importing lists are located here.