TA Consultation Rooms & Guidelines for Use
- Consultation Rooms are available to UCSB graduate students after business hours, which includes all weekend hours that the Library is open and weekdays from 6pm-9am (or 6pm-closing on days when Library hours are reduced).
- The primary purpose of these Rooms is to provide space for graduate Teaching Assistants to meet with their students for tutoring and academic consultation.
- Consultation Rooms can accommodate 2-4 people.
- Each Consultation Room features a whiteboard and a large display screen. In order to use the screen, you must bring your own laptop. If the laptop does not have a HDMI port, you will also need an adapter. Adapters and whiteboard markers/erasers can be borrowed from the Services Desk.
- Reservations may be made online 2 weeks in advance and for up to 2 hours per day at our reservation system. Consultation Rooms are not available for drop-in use.
- You must bring proof of reservation (printout, saved email, or screenshot) to the Services Desk in order to receive a key to your reserved Consultation Room.
- Consultation Rooms may not be booked by undergraduate students. Keys for consultation rooms will only be issued to graduate students.
- Users should clean up after themselves and leave the area in good condition, including erasing the whiteboards.
- The Library is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. Do not leave your belongings unattended.
- Failure to follow Consultation Room guidelines may result in users being asked to leave or in the loss of reservation privileges.
- For assistance with Consultation Rooms, please visit the Library’s Services Desk.
Consultation Rooms are located on the 1st Floor, just off the Paseo