Reservable and Drop-In Group Study Rooms are located throughout the UCSB Library for UCSB students, faculty, and staff groups of 2 or more.
Group Study Rooms & Guidelines for Use
- Group Study Rooms are available for UCSB students, faculty, and staff groups of 2 or more.
- Room sizes vary to accommodate up to 10 people.
- Rooms feature varied amenities, including white boards or chalk boards in most areas. Dry-erase markers, chalk, and erasers are available at the Information Desk (in the Learning Commons) and the Services Desk (in the Paseo).
- Group Study Rooms may not be used for instruction, office hours, or other standing meetings.
- Reservations for Reservable Rooms may be made online 2 weeks in advance and for up to 4 hours per week at our study room reservation system.
- Drop-in groups are welcome when Reservable Rooms are not in use. You can view the schedule on the reservation system.
- You must bring proof of confirmation to claim a Reservable Group Study Room (such as a printout, saved email, or screenshot).
- Drop-in users must relinquish Reservable Group Study Rooms when presented with another group’s proof of reservation.
- Library furniture may not be moved in or out of Group Study Rooms.
- Users should clean up after themselves and leave the area in good condition, including erasing the white boards and chalk boards.
- Please maintain reasonable noise levels and close the door when the room is occupied.
- The Library is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. Do not leave your belongings unattended.
- Failure to follow Group Study Room guidelines may result in users being asked to leave the area or the Library and/or in the loss of reservation privileges,
- For assistance with Group Study Rooms, visit any of the Library’s service desks.
Group Study Rooms can be found in the following areas:
- 1st floor (Mountain Side)
- 2nd floor (Ocean and Mountain Side)
- 4th floor (Ocean Side)
- 6th floor (Ocean Side)
- 7th floor (Ocean Side)