Located on the 1st Floor Mountain Side (room 1506), the Presentation Practice Room allows you to practice, refine, and record oral and multimedia presentations for classes and seminars, conferences, teaching preparation, the Grad and Undergrad Slam, thesis defenses, and other events.
Presentation Practice Room & Guidelines for Use
- The Presentation Practice Room is for use by UCSB students, faculty, and staff with a reservation.
- The room is equipped with a podium; a large wall display monitor that connects to your personal laptop or to a Library laptop; a ceiling-mounted camera; a whiteboard and markers; and a table and 4 chairs. A clicker and laser pointer is available for check-out from the Library Services Desk. Dry-erase markers and erasers are available at the Information Desk (in the Learning Commons) and the Reference Desk (in the Paseo).
- Instructions for using the technology, including how to record presentations, are posted in the room.
- Reservations may be made online 2 weeks in advance and for up to 2 hour periods per day at our reservation system.
- The Presentation Practice Room may not be used for instruction, office hours, or other standing meetings.
- Drop-in users are welcome only when the space is not reserved; you can view the schedule on the reservation system. Drop-in users must relinquish the Presentation Practice Room when presented with another group’s proof of reservation.
- You must bring proof of confirmation to claim your reservation (such as a printout, saved email, or screenshot).
- Library furniture may not be moved in or out of the Presentation Practice Room.
- Users should clean up after themselves and leave the area in good condition, including erasing the white board.
- Please maintain reasonable noise levels and close the door when the room is occupied.
- The Library is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. Do not leave your belongings unattended.
- Failure to follow Presentation Practice Room guidelines may result in users being asked to leave the area or the Library and/or in the loss of reservation privileges,
- For assistance with the Presentation Practice Room, visit any of the Library’s service desks.