UCSB faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students who have a valid UCSB NetID may request materials via ILL. You must have your UCSB library card number and password (some forms refer to this as a PIN) to place a request.

The fastest and most accurate method to borrow items from other libraries is to use the “Request” feature available in:

If you already have a citation, you can use the UC-eLinks Citation Linker:

For non-standard requests, or if you are experiencing technical difficulties, you may want to use the ILL Manual Request form.

If UCSB Owns the Item

You may place an ILL request for an item that UCSB owns if the UCSB copy is checked out, or if it is declared lost or missing. If you cannot find a UCSB owned item in the Library, please check with the appropriate Library service desk for assistance.

Special Research Collections Material: you may submit an ILL request to borrow, if available, a circulating copy from another library of an item held in UCSB Special Research Collections.

Reserve Materials: Faculty, Graduates, and Staff only may submit ILL requests for materials that are on Reserve.