Introduction to GIS using ArcGIS
Instructor: Jon Jablonski
Want to learn the basics of GIS? Need to make a map of your research results, but don't know where to start?
MIL and the Interdisciplinary Research Collaboratory (IRC) will be hosting a 2-hour hands-on workshop taught by Spatial Data Librarian Jon Jablonski.
This is an absolute beginner's introduction to digital spatial data in which you will learn to:
- Visualize spatial data in a geographic information system
- Explore different ArcGIS tools for spatial analysis, including overlay analysis and choropleth mapping
- Identify 7 common file formats used with spatial data
- Learn about data resources available to you at the UCSB Library
- Produce a map to print or share online
No prior GIS knowledge is required for this workshop. Limited to 18 participants. Must be a UCSB student, faculty, or staff member.