You need the VPN ...
- if you want to access library resources and you are off campus
- Hint: If the resource you want to use is listed as "Campus Access Only," then you will need the VPN to access it from off campus.
You do not need the VPN ...
- if you only want to use the UCSB Library Catalog or Melvyl
- if you are connected to the campus network
- your computer is anywhere on campus (i.e. in the library or your campus office)
- your computer is connected to the Internet via an on-campus wireless network
- your computer is connected to ResNet through on-campus housing