Most public computers in the library are equipped with Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, doPDF, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.), and VLC Media Player.
Laptops available through our laptop checkout service are equipped with the list of applications above, plus 7-Zip, Adobe Digital Editions, and PuTTY.
We also have computers with special software setups (see below). Software not available at the library may be available in other campus computer labs.
Custom Software Locations
- 1st Floor, Ocean Side, Adaptive Technology Center: Computers in this room have adaptive software for users with disabilities. Users must be registered with the Disabled Students Program.
- 1st Floor, Mountain Side, Learning Commons:
- 12 specialty-software Windows machines (PCs) have Adobe Creative Cloud (see details below), Blender, Rhino 6, SketchUp Pro 2019, Matlab, and Mathematica.
- Two computers are equipped with flatbed scanners and scan software.
2nd Floor, Ocean Side (near elevators): Several computers are equipped with microfilm/microfiche scanners and ScanPro 3000 software.
2nd Floor, Mountain Side, Interdisciplinary Research Collaboratory: includes 9 workstations, which are connected to 32” monitors, and come with a full-suite of statistical and spatial software. For use by UCSB students, faculty, and staff only.
- 2nd Floor, Music Library: One computer is equipped with a flatbed scanner and scan software.
This software package is available on the high-end Windows machines (PCs) in the Learning Commons. See the list below for availability:
- Acrobat DC (21)
- After Effects (18.4.1)
- Animate (21.0.8)
- Audition (14.4)
- Bridge (11.1.1)
- Dimension (3.4.3)
- Dreamweaver (21.1)
- Illustrator (25.4.1)
- InCopy (16.4)
- InDesign (16.4)
- Lightroom Classic (10.4)
- Media Encoder (15.4.1)
- Photoshop (22.5)
- Prelude (10.1)
- Premiere Pro (15.4.1)
- Premiere Rush (1.5.62)