The UCSB Library provides part-time (less than 40 hours/week) employment to approximately 150 students. Only currently-enrolled UC students may apply for and occupy these positions, with priority consideration given to students enrolled at UCSB. Students who have graduated or have withdrawn from school are ineligible for employment in these positions (see the "Staff or Academic Openings").
We are a Federal Work-Study preferred employer and will give priority review of applications to those eiligble for that program.
- Competative wages with 2% merit increases each calendar year
- Paid time dedicated to Professional Development
- Accomodations for academic pursuits
- Transferrable skills to build out your resume
When to Apply:
Applications are accepted as vacancies occur and job applications are posted. When a vacancy occurs, supervisors with open student positions will have their application(s) posted to our website (link below). It is recommended that you check our website frequently as postings are updated on a weekly basis.
How to Apply:
- Job openings are posted to Handshake.
- When seeking employment with the UCSB Library, please be sure to apply to each job posting you wish to be considered for.
- For Resume and Cover Letter assistance, contact Career Services.
- Sign up for our Mailing List to get notifications when new positions are available.
Please direct any questions you may have to Ryan George.