The Committee on Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (CEDI) works to create an equitable and inclusive Library where all employees and patrons are treated with kindness, dignity, and respect.
The Committee advises and works with Library administration on policies and practices related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in Library staffing, resources, services, programs, and spaces. It commits to helping the Library improve its recruitment, representation, and retention of historically underrepresented groups in all employee classifications, including student employees. Committee members serve as ambassadors within the Library and to the campus community in communicating the importance of fostering an inclusive UCSB Library.
- Works with the Library’s organizational learning staff and HR to coordinate educational opportunities (trainings, workshops, discussions, resources) for Library staff and adapt existing training materials for application in the Library
- Collaborates with Library departments to support and celebrate diversity and inclusion activities
- Collaborates with campus stakeholders to coordinate the Library’s diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts with the rest of the University
- Assists Library administration in assessing progress on equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts
- Keeps abreast of diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts at peer libraries and utilizes case studies and best practices to inform recommendations
- Marcos Aguilar (Co-Chair)
- Michael Craig
- Helena Gagnon
- Temmo Korisheli
- Martha McTear
- Heather Nisen (Co-Chair)
- Chrissy Rissmeyer