UCSB Library – Instruction Policy
UCSB librarians partner with educators like you to help foster information literacy skills, dispositions, and competencies to support students’ academic success and lifelong learning. To ensure the best course-integrated library instruction for your students, your request must be:
- submitted at least 2 weeks in advance;
- discussed with the librarian at least one week in advance; and
- paired with a research assignment that is shared with the librarian approximately one week in advance.
Instructors who are requesting a synchronous library session must be able to attend. Because library instruction is always paired with research assignments, we do not schedule library sessions during the first week of the quarter.
For general library orientation and assistance with using library resources, please refer to:
- UCSB Library Self-Guided Tour,
- Subject and Course Guides,
- Ask a Librarian Services, or
- Your Subject Librarian
If you have questions, please contact Rebecca Greer, Director of Teaching & Learning.
Request Form: Assignment-based Library Instruction
Requests are filled on a first-come basis. If library classrooms are already booked, we will send you instructions to reserve a computer lab elsewhere on campus.
Library instruction dates and times are not reserved until confirmed by an instruction librarian.
All required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)