Student Research Support
How can librarians help you with your research?
Librarians can help you get started on your research. For example, we can help you narrow your topic; find books, articles, and other research materials; develop search strategies; navigate databases; and discuss and understand the construction of authority and power in sources. Make a research appointment with a librarian today!
Browse videos, tutorials, and resources to support you in your research:
Learn about the research process and get research support in these video tutorials.
- Research Help at UCSB Library
- The Research Process is Complex
Connecting Google Scholar to UCSB Library Full-Text Resources
Learn about finding sources for your research and citation practices.
- Citing Sources (MLA, APA, Chicago/Turabian, CSE/ACS/NLM)
- Literature Review: The what, why and how-to guide
- Using UC Library Search
Learn about navigating UCSB Library’s physical and digital space.
- UCSB Library Self-Guided Tour
- Getting started on the UCSB Library Homepage
- Escape the Library! A Virtual Escape Room
UCSB librarians regularly create subject guides and course guides to support UCSB faculty and students' research and teaching. Browse our research guides and handouts to assist you in completing your upcoming research projects.
Librarians are available to help with your research
- Make a research appointment with a librarian today!
- Chat with a librarian
- Email a question to UCSB Library
- UCSB Library Frequently Asked Questions