Even though we're still anticipating UCSB Reads 2017 author Luis Urrea’s talk on April 24 in Campbell Hall, it is not too early to start thinking about a book for UCSB Reads 2018.
The advisory committee will start to convene in late spring and throughout the summer to select next year's book, and we invite you to participate in the selection process. UCSB Reads is an annual program that brings the campus and community together to discuss important issues of our time while reading the same book.
Email your nomination to UCSBreads@library.ucsb.edu, following these book criteria:
- is by a living author who is also a strong public presenter
- was recently published, but is, ideally, available in paperback
- is intellectually stimulating
- is interdisciplinary
- can be incorporated into the UCSB curriculum
- appeals to a wide range of readers, including UCSB students and Santa Barbara community members
- was critically well-received
- is not too long; under 400 pages is recommended
- adds to the UCSB Reads corpus of diverse topics and authors