Introduction to GIS using ArcMap
Instructors: Jon Jablonski and Tom Brittnacher
Want to learn the basics of GIS? Need to make a map of your research results, but don't know where to start? This hands-on workshop will give you experience working with common mapping and spatial analysis techniques.
This is a 3-hour introduction to digital spatial data in which you will learn to:
- Visualize spatial data in a geographic information system
- Perform proximity analysis
- Explore different ArcGIS tools for spatial analysis, including creating choropleth maps
- Identify several common formats of spatial data
- Learn about data resources available to you at the UCSB Library
- Produce maps to print or share online
No prior GIS knowledge is required for this workshop.