The Adaptive Technology Center (ATC) is located in room 1591 in the Ocean Side section of UCSB Library. This room and the equipment housed in it is reserved for UCSB students and faculty with disabilities.
To use the ATC, you must meet eligibility requirements for the Disabled Students Program. Before using the equipment, you must receive training from the Disabled Students Program’s Adaptive Technology Specialist. Upon completion of training, your UCSB Access Card will be activated to allow door access.
Special equipment for students and faculty with disabilities
The ATC has six PCs (Windows 10 & Windows 8). The following adaptive equipment and software is available:
- Kurzweil 3000 (scanning/reading software)
- Flatbed Scanners
- WPS Office
- Duxbury Braille Translator
- Juliette Brailler
- 25" Color CCTV
- Available Workstations (with desk-mounted power outlets)
- One Standing Desk Work Station
- JAWS (screen readers for Windows)
- ZoomText (screen magnification for Windows)
Available upon request:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition software)