About the Sciences and Engineering Collections
The Sciences and Engineering collections located on the 2nd floor of the UCSB Library and contain materials related to the natural and applied sciences, engineering, and technology. Call numbers in this area of the library are G-GE and Q-Z.
UC Library Search shows all available formats and provides links to electronic sources.
- Sciences and Engineering References Materials: Sciences and Engineering print reference materials are housed in the Main Reference Collection of the UCSB Library on the 2nd Floor in front of the Ocean Elevators.
- Sciences and Engineering Stacks: The print materials in the collection are stored in the Sciences and Engineering stacks (or bookshelves) on the 2nd Floor Mountain Side.
- Current Serials: The majority of science and engineering journals are available through online subscriptions. For those we receive in print, the current issues are located in the Current Serials area on the 1st floor, Ocean Side or in the stacks with the bound volumes of the same title. Check UC Library Search for locations.
- Science Librarians: You can get specialized research assistance by contacting one of our science librarians.
- Ask a Librarian Service: You can ask for assistance through our Ask a Librarian service.