There are two ways to log into My Library Account, depending on whether you have a UCSBnet ID or a Community Borrower card. Please use the link and instructions that are appropriate for you.
UCSBnet ID Users
- Log in to My Library Account
- Use your UCSBnet ID and password to log in
- Logging into UC Library Search gives you access to the features associated with your account. These include checking your account status, renewing books, viewing loan periods, saving records to your account, as well as saving searches and setting up alerts.
- Full text access requires using the proxy server or campus VPN. Please see our Accessing Full Text tips for work-arounds to some current issues.
- UCSBnet ID access is available to current UCSB students, faculty (including emeriti), and staff only.
- Go to UC Library Search
- Click on "Sign in" at upper right
- Select "No UCSBnetID? Sign in here"
- Use your library barcode and password to log in. If you have not set or forgotten your password click on "Need help signing in?" and then the "Forgot your password" link.
- If you experience technical difficulties go to the Services Desk for assistance.
- Logging into My Library Account does not give you access to full text reading materials. You will need to use one of the Library's public computer for access to full text databases.