The UCSB Library subscribes to Crimson Hexagon, a web-based library of social media posts (updated in real-time) and social media analysis software platform. Posts can be searched using keywords and then either downloaded for off-line analysis with third party tools or analyzed using Crimson Hexagon’s data visualizations.
Crimson Hexagon's social media data library consists of hundreds of billions of posts from content providers including:
- Twitter: Full Twitter Firehose through a direct partnership with Twitter beginning July 2010, with some content back to July 2009.
- Tumblr: Full Tumblr Firehose through a direct partnership with Tumblr beginning January 2015.
- Blogs, for example blogspot.com.
- Forums, for example reddit.com.
- Instagram Hashtags
- YouTube: Content from video descriptions and comments.
For more information on using Crimson Hexagon, including how to sign-up for access, please contact collaboratory [at] library [dot] ucsb [dot] edu.