This tool allows you to connect to databases and journals without going through the library website.
Instead of going to the library's homepage and logging in, try this bookmark tool and save a few steps. When you use the bookmark tool, you will be redirected to the login screen and then back through the proxy server to the page you want to access. In some cases, you may need to use the browser's "back" button or "refresh" to return to the resource URL, not the vendor's login/error page.
Directions - Windows
Firefox & Google Chrome Users
- Show your bookmarks toolbar by going to "View," "Toolbars," and picking "Bookmarks Toolbar" (in Google Chrome, it is from the "Customize and control Google Chrome" tool.
- Left-click and drag the Off-Campus Access link to your bookmark bar. You should see the "Off-Campus Access" bookmark on the bar when you are finished.
- When you are on a webpage where you need the proxy server, click on the "Off-Campus Access" bookmark from your bookmark bar.
Internet Explorer Users & Other Browsers Without a Bookmarks Toolbar
- Right-click on the Off-Campus Access link and choose "Bookmark this link..." or "Add to Favorites".
- When you are on a Web page you'd like to run through the proxy server, simply use the "Off-Campus Access" bookmark from your favorites list or bookmarks menu.
Directions - Mac OS
Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari
To Remove From the Bookmarks Toolbar
- Firefox: Go to Bookmarks and select "Show All Bookmarks." Click on Bookmarks Toolbar. Select the bookmark and click the delete key or go to Edit and then delete.
- Google Chrome: Grab the bookmark from the toolbar and drag to the trashcan.
- Safari: Grab the bookmark from the toolbar and drag and drop away from the toolbar.