Otzar HaHochma is the world's largest digital library, containing more than 74,500 Judaic books, scanned page after page in their original format. Otzar HaHochma expands its collection by about 5,000 titles annually. Otzar HaHochma adheres to the relevant publication rights. First and rare editions were included in accordance with applicable copyright laws.
It is the most comprehenive computerized library of its kind encompassing all realms of Judaism from ancient times to the modern period. The highlight of Otzar HaHochma is its sophisticated search engine, based on Optical Character Recognition (OCR) with a very high precision rate, which allows maximum accessibility to the content of the books simply by typing a word or sequence of words.
The topics in Otzar HaHochma embrace all Jewish fields and include:
- Bible and commentaries
- Tannaitic literature including Mishnah, Tosefta, Midrash, Halakhah and Aggadah and commentaries
- Talmudic literature from both Babylonian and Jerusalem Talmuds and commentaries, as well as Geonic works
- Halakhah and customs from the Rishonim and Acharonim, as well as Responsa Literature
- Jewish Philosophy from medieval times to the modern period
- Kabbalah and Hasidism including liturgical writings, sermons
- Modern scholarship in Jewish history, Hebrew linguistics, Jewish psychology, family studies, information science, etc.
- Torah compilations, memorial volumes, prayer books, and much more
The search feature can be used in a variety of contexts:
- Search by title, author
- Text search by word, word combinations, etc.
- Advanced search options including full and omitted spelling, word spacing, etc.
- Search by a wide range of topics
Otzar HaHochma’s other features include:
- Scan-to-text conversion:Converts the scanned page images to text files using OCR Technology
- Access to commentaries on Shas, Shulchan Aruch, and Torah Portions:
- a. Instantly access all Shas commentaries in the Otzar HaHochma library by selecting Tractate, page (daf) and page-side (amud).
- b. Access all Torah commentaries by selecting the name of the Torah portion.
- Outlines: Thousands of books in the Otzar HaHochma collection now have an outline pane to conveniently reference sections and subsections.
- Add personal notes (annotations)
- Print or save book pages to a PDF file.
- Stored Searches in tab format