You can find articles in several ways:
Finding Articles by Subject:
To find articles on a particular subject, use one of our research databases.
- Academic Search Complete
- This multidisciplinary database is a great starting place for undergraduate research.
- Library Subject Guides
- Each guide will list the major databases for that subject, usually under a tab labeled “Articles.”
- Find a Database by Subject
- Try our database finder to locate databases by subject.
Finding Articles by Citation:
If you have a citation to a specific article, there are several ways that you can locate it:
- Citation Linker
- Enter an article citation into this tool to see if the library has access to the article.
- UCSB Library Search
- Use the “Journal Title Begins With” search option and type in the title of the journal (not the article). This will show our holdings in both print and online formats.
- Electronic Journals List
- Use the “Starts With” option and type in the title of the journal (not the article). This system will access all of our online journals.
- UC e-Links
- Click on UC e-Links in any research database to see if the library has the article online or in print.
Need help? Ask a Librarian!