The Department of Special Collections acquires, preserves, and makes accessible rare, valuable, or unique materials which support UCSB students, faculty, and research programs, as well as the scholarly community. The department's holdings are non-circulating but are available for research in the reading room during posted hours.
Before visiting the Department of Special Collections, we recommend that you check our 'Planning Your Research' page to avoid any delays or inconveniences.
- By subject using our Subject Guides.
- By Name using our Alphabetical List of Collections
- Using the UCSB Library Catalog
- Exploring the Melvyl Catalog
- or the Online Archives Catalog- OAC
Special Collections acquires materials by gift, transfer, and purchase, in accordance with general library procedures.
For general questions, please email us at special [at] library [dot] ucsb [dot] edu or call (805) 893-3062.