- If you use materials from our collections, please cite us as:
Map & Imagery Laboratory, UCSB Library, University of California Santa Barbara
- There are a variety of guidelines for citing maps, aerial photographs, GIS datasets, and other materials located in libraries and archival collections.
- The Regents of the University of California retain ownership and reproduction rights, where applicable, for all materials, both hard-copy and digital. Payment of fees for reproductions does not include rights for publishing, resale, or making additional copies of MIL materials.
- We may occasionally need to restrict reproduction for materials to which we do not have copy- or reproduction-rights.
- Most US federal government publications are in the Public Domain and may be used, copied, and re-distributed without restriction.
Re-publishing MIL Materials
- Copyrighted materials may need rights clearance from parties other than UCSB --it is your responsibility to obtain proper permissions for re-publication of materials. We are happy to assist in this process.
Aerial Imagery Guidelines
- Air photos are provided with the following License Agreement
- Reproductions are delivered to you with a one-time-use-only license.
- Any publication – in print or on the Web - of materials to which the U.C. Regents hold rights must be pre-approved by the Department Head. A signed agreement is required for reproduction of aerial photography for which the UC Regents hold copyright or reproduction rights. The Map & Imagery Laboratory's publication fee is $200 per frame; the UC copyright statement, and flight and frame number, must appear with the reproduction of the frame.
MIL Created Data
- Whenever possible, we distribute data that we create under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.