The Adaptive Technology Center (ATC) is located in rooms 1589 and 1591 of UCSB Library. These rooms and the equipment housed in them are reserved for UCSB students and faculty with disabilities.* To use the ATC, you must have basic computer skills and meet eligibility requirements for the Disabled Students Program. Before using the equipment, you must receive training from the Disabled Students Program’s Adaptive Technology Specialist.
Special equipment for students and faculty with disabilities
The ATC has six PC computers. The following adaptive equipment and software is available:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (voice recognition system)
- Jaws (screen reader for Windows)
- Window-Eyes (screen reader for Windows)
- ZoomText Xtra7.11 (screen magnification for DOS and Windows)
- Kurzweil 1000 and 3000 (scanning/reading software)
- Duxbury Braille Translator
- Draft Builder (writing assistance software)
- Juliette Brailler
- 25" Color CCTV
* Community users should contact Information Services at (805) 893-7111 for information concerning use of this equipment.