Fiji • New Caledonia • Papua New Guinea • Solomon Islands • Vanuatu
- [Fiji]. Alishouskas (John Joseph) World War II Fiji Photograph Album, 1942-1944. (Bernath Mss 277).
- [Fiji]. Eagleton (George D.) Stereoview Collection, ca. 1860s-2004. The collection contains ca. 6708 stereoviews, 179 other photographic images (most photo postcards), one videotape about stereoviews, 11 stereoviewers, and related books and issues of Stereo World, assembled by George D. Eagleton. The stereoviews, some exceedingly rare, include images from many parts of the U.S, and other countries. They cover subjects such as children, the Civil War, farming, Indians [Native Americans], logging, mining, planes, presidents, Russo-Japanese War, ships, Spanish American War, Trains, and World War I. Most of the stereoviews in the collection were produced in the latter nineteenth and early twentieth centuries by the Keystone View Company and Underwood and Underwood (which sold the work of a number of photographers). Numerous other companies also are represented. The cards were intended to be viewed through equipment such as stereopticans, which produced a three-dimensional effect. (Mss 255).
- [Fiji]. Lever [R. A.]/Fiji Photographic Negative Collection, 1930s. (Bernath Mss 294).
- [New Caledonia]. de Chetelat (Enzo) Papers, ca. 1901-1980s [bulk dates 1920s-1960s]. Autobiography, correspondence, documents, maps, reports, black/white photographs and photograph albums, several thousand color slides, and artifacts of a Swiss-born mining geologist who visited or worked in many countries from the 1920s to the 1970s, including Albania, Algeria, Bali, Belgian Congo, Brazil, British Honduras, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Ceylon, Czechoslovakia, Dahomey, France, French Guinea, French Guyana, French Polynesia, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Macau, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Paracel Islands, Peru, Samoa, Senegal, Singapore, Somalia, Sumatra, Syria, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Upper Volta, Vietnam, and Yugoslavia. (Bernath Mss 316).
- [Papua New Guinea]. Mendell [Edward] Travel Slide Collection, 1980s-1990s.More than 2000 large-format color slides containing images of Edward Mendell’s post-retirement travels around the world, photographing endangered species for the World Wildlife Fund, and also of people in far-flung places such as Bhutan, Burma, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Iceland, Mali, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Orissa (India), Philippines, Senegal, and Thailand. (Mss 247).
- [Papua New Guinea]. See also: New Guinea.
- Papua, New Guinea, World War II Photograph Album, 1943-1945. More than 180 b/w photos, with captions. Apparently the album of a wry U.S. soldier and member of a finance group (some images indicating 3rd and 4th Platoons, Co. D), self-described as the "Fighting Finance" and "Finance Commandos." Includes images of soldiers in the unit and military camp life, as well as many views of eastern New Guinea, local people and village scenes. Also photos of earlier training at Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana and, after New Guinea, views of Indonesia (Biak), Morotai Island, Philippines (mainly war-damaged buildings in Manila), the voyage home, and stateside return back to San Francisco. (Bernath Mss 44).
- [Vanuatu]. Pacific Islands Photograph Album, ca. 1930. About 120 b/w photographs taken during a tour of New Zealand, Polynesia, New Hebrides (Vanuatu), New Caledonia (Oceania), and Australia. (Bernath Mss 234).