Reservable rooms and areas providing collaborative work space are located throughout the UCSB Library.
- Group Study Space Guidelines for Use
- Book a Group Study Space (please consult the guidelines before booking)
- Map of Group Study Spaces
About the Group Study Spaces
- Group Study Spaces are for UCSB students, faculty, and staff groups of 2 or more with reservations.
- Space sizes vary to accommodate 4 to 10 people.
- Spaces feature varied amenities, including white boards or chalk boards in most areas.
- Most Group Study Spaces are enclosed while the Media:scapes are located in open areas.
- Media:scapes are collaboration tables with LCD screens that allow teams of 2-4 to work interactively by connecting multiple laptops and easily switching between displays
- Group Study Spaces may not be used for instruction, office hours, or other standing meetings.
- Reservations may be made online 2 weeks in advance and for up to 2 hour periods per day at our study room reservation system.
- Drop-in groups are welcome only when the space is not reserved.
- Doors to all enclosed Group Study Spaces are unlocked. Do not leave personal items unattended.
- UCSB Library reserves the right to cancel a Group Study Space reservation if the group has not occupied the area within 15 minutes of the start of a reservation time.
Group Study Spaces can be found in the following areas:
- 1st floor (Mountain Side)
- 2nd floor (Ocean and Mountain Side)
- 4th floor (Ocean Side)
- 6th floor (Ocean Side)
- 7th floor (Ocean Side)