Small group study spaces can be found in the following areas:
- 1st floor (Mountain Side)
- 2nd floor (Ocean and Mountain Side)
- 4th floor (Ocean Side)
- 6th floor (Ocean Side)
- 7th floor (Ocean Side)
About the Group Study Spaces
Reservable rooms and areas providing collaborative work space are located throughout the UCSB Library.
- Space sizes vary to accommodate 4 to 10 people.
- Spaces feature varied amenities, including white boards or chalk boards in most areas.
- Most Group Study Spaces are enclosed while the Media:scapes are located in open areas.
- Group Study Spaces may not be used for instruction, office hours, or other standing meetings.
- Drop-in usage is welcome, but priority is given to UCSB students, faculty, and staff groups of 2 or more with reservations.
- Reservations may be made online for up to 2 hours at our study room reservation system (starting Jan. 4).
- Doors to all enclosed Group Study Spaces are unlocked. Do not leave personal items unattended.
- UCSB Library reserves the right to cancel a Group Study Space reservation if the group has not occupied the area within 15 minutes of the start of a reservation time.
Please consult our Group Study Space Guidelines for Use before booking a room.