UCSB Reads brings the UCSB and Santa Barbara communities together to read and discuss a common book. Each year, the UCSB Reads Advisory Committee selects a book from a long list of suggestions that:
- is by a living author who is also a strong public presenter
- is intellectually stimulating
- is interdisciplinary
- can be incorporated into the UCSB curriculum
- appeals to a wide range of readers, including UCSB students and Santa Barbara community members
- was recently published (but is, ideally, available in paperback)
- was critically well-received
- is not too long (under 400 pages is recommended)
- adds to the UCSB Reads corpus of diverse topics and authors
What would you like to read for UCSB Reads 2015? Send your book suggestions to UCSBreads [at] library [dot] ucsb [dot] edu.
If you would like to participate on the Advisory Committee, and you will be on campus during the summer, please also let us know at the email address above.