- Aerial Imagery Research Service (AIRS) - the access point for fee-based services for aerial photography research that is not affiliated with the University of California.
- UC Aerial Photo Requests - information about aerial photography services available for University of California (UC) sponsored research by UC students, faculty and staff.
- Esri Software Support
- Reference Assistance and Spatial Help Desk
Reproductions of our materials are available as appropriate; policies vary according to format, size and data source. Consult MIL staff for details if you do not find them here.
- Reproduction Options (maps, atlases, and digital data)
- Aerial Photography Reproductions
Instruction and Tours
Interested in bringing your class, group, or club into the Map & Imagery Laboratory? We're happy to give tours and provide instruction to groups interested in our collections. milrefdesk [at] library [dot] ucsb [dot] edu (Contact MIL) to set up a tour.
Some MIL materials are circulated. See our Circulation Policy page for details.
MIL has computers running ArcGIS 10.2.2 exclusively reserved for work on digital spatial data. This resource is available free of charge to any UC faculty, staff, or enrolled student working on UC-related research or class projects that utilize spatial data. To ensure availability, make an appointment by contacting the milrefdesk [at] library [dot] ucsb [dot] edu (MIL reference desk).
MIL has hand lenses, light tables, stereoscopes, map wheels, and other equipment that facilitate the use of maps and aerial photographs. Set up an appointment to see what we have!