The UCSB Reads Committee is currently reviewing selections for UCSB Reads 2019. If you'd like to submit your UCSB Reads title suggestions for 2020 please use this form. Review the criteria below before submitting your suggestion.
UCSB Reads Book Selection Criteria
- by a living author who is also a strong public presenter
- intellectually stimulating
- interdisciplinary (i.e. can be accessed by multiple disciplines)
- can be incorporated into the UCSB curriculum
- lends itself to programming opportunities, including book discussions, film screenings, and panels
- appeals to a wide range of readers, including UCSB students and Santa Barbara community members
- recently published (but is, ideally, available in paperback)
- critically well-received
- not too long (under 400 pages is recommended)
- adds to the UCSB Reads corpus of diverse topics and authors
- enables strategic partnerships between the library and campus or community entities
If you have a UCSB Reads suggested title that fits the criteria above, please fill out our online form below.
Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*).