Please submit your UCSB Reads title suggestions using this form. Review the criteria below before submitting your suggestion.
UCSB Reads Book Selection Criteria
- by a living author who is also a strong public presenter
- intellectually stimulating
- interdisciplinary (i.e. can be accessed by multiple disciplines)
- can be incorporated into the UCSB curriculum
- lends itself to programming opportunities, including book discussions, film screenings, and panels
- appeals to a wide range of readers, including UCSB students and Santa Barbara community members
- recently published (but is, ideally, available in paperback)
- critically well-received
- not too long (under 400 pages is recommended)
- adds to the UCSB Reads corpus of diverse topics and authors
- enables strategic partnerships between the library and campus or community entities
If you have a UCSB Reads suggested title that fits the criteria above, please fill out our online form below.
Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*).