1946 - 1947Description:
The Harvard Law School Library has approximately one million pages of documents relating to the trial of military and political leaders of Nazi Germany before the International Military Tribunal (IMT) and to the twelve trials of other accused war criminals before the United States Nuremberg Military Tribunals (NMT). The website currently provides:
- 13,904 digital photographs of all pages of all Case 1 prosecution and defense trial documents and related evidence file documents.
- Analytical data on all trial documents and related evidence file documents for NMT 1 (U.S.A. v. Karl Brandt et al.) and NMT 2 (U.S.A. v. Erhard Milch), and most of these documents for NMT 4 (U.S.A. v. Oswald Pohl et al.).
- The keyed text of the first seven days of court proceedings in the Case 1 trial transcript (through December 13, 1946: approximately 500 pages).
- A complete introduction to the project, the documents, and the trials worked on so far.
- A search engine for all the documents that have been analyzed so far (5842 in all).
- A search engine (including full-text queries) for that portion of the Case 1 transcript currently available.
- Links between these various elements.