Instructors can re-activate materials from a previous quarter for the current quarter in the Ares Web Interface. The physical materials (books, videos) will be able to be re-activated going back to Spring 2016. Electronic Reserve material is available for re-activating going back to 2012.
- Go to the following link to open the Ares Web Interface: https://ares.library.ucsb.edu/ares/
- Log in using your UCSBnetID and password
- Once you are logged in, click on Course Home next to the Course you wish to add items to.
- Then, click on Add Reserve Items
- Here you have an option to add new items or import/reactivate. To reactivate/import go where it says Or would you like to import from a current or previously taught course? Find the course you wish to add items from and click on where it says Import items.
- Select the items you wish to import for the class by checking or unchecking the little box to the left of the items and then click Import Items at the bottom of the screen. This is also a good step to double check that you are importing from the correct course to the correct course. You can check this at the top of the page.
- All of the items (both physical and electronic) you selected from the Course should now have been re-activated for your current Course.
They will now be in the Awaiting Reserves Processing queue for the UCSB Library Course Reserve Staff to process.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at:
805-893-3491 or library-cres [at] ucsb [dot] edu