Applications must include:
- Cover letter, which includes:
- name(s) of fellowship under consideration (2020 Kenneth Karmiole Endowed Research Fellowship);
- title of research project;
- dates to be spent in residence;
- names of recommenders;
- and the applicant’s contact information
- Curriculum vitae
- Outline of research topic and Special Research Collections materials at UCSB Library to be used (three pages maximum)
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or other scholars familiar with the research project.
Please note that the committee cannot consider letters of recommendation from librarians or staff of the UCSB Library.
Application Instructions and Deadline
Application materials for the Karmiole Fellowships, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted in PDF format by email to karmiole-fellowship [at] library [dot] ucsb [dot] edu. Letters of recommendation may be sent by the persons writing them or by the applicant.
Please be sure to indicate that application materials are to be considered for the 2020 Kenneth Karmiole Endowed Research Fellowship.
Completed applications must be received on or before December 15, 2019.