Events & Exhibitions on 05/12/2017
- Fri, 02/10/2017 - 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Fri, 03/10/2017 - 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Fri, 05/12/2017 - 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Fri, 06/02/2017 - 12:00pm to 1:30pm
15-minute talks by graduate students—one from a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and one from a SHEF (Social Science, Humanities, Education, and Fine Arts) discipline. For graduate students only -- enjoy free lunch and a chance to socialize with and learn from graduate...
- Tue, 11/08/2016 - 8:00am to Fri, 06/30/2017 - 5:00pm
View the online exhibition.
The widespread use of steel protective helmets was among the major military and cultural changes wrought by the First World War (1914-1918). This exhibition showcases original helmets and includes...
- Wed, 02/01/2017 - 9:00am to Fri, 06/23/2017 - 5:00pm
- Thu, 02/02/2017 - 9:00am to Sun, 07/09/2017 - 5:00pm
This exhibition represents the legacy of the movements of a people from their origins in Africa, their struggles for social justice in that continent, and their dispersal to North and South America, as represented in the graphic art collections in the California Ethnic and Multicultural Archives...
- Wed, 03/29/2017 - 10:00am to Tue, 06/13/2017 - 10:00am
The works featured in this exhibition are part of an ongoing collaboration this Spring with UC Santa Barbara’s Library, Art, Design & Architecture Museum, and the 6E Survey offered through the Department of the History of Art and Architecture. Students enrolled in this course are working to...
- Thu, 04/06/2017 - 8:00am to Tue, 09/12/2017 - 5:00pm
This exhibition exposes the intimate power of women’s voices through book arts. As scholar and printer Johanna Drucker reminds us: “Women create authority in the world by structuring a relation between enclosure and exposure. The women who make books out of the materials of their lives and...