About the Henry H. Tai East Asian Collection:
The Henry H. Tai East Asian Collection holds our collections in the Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages. It is located on the 5th floor of UCSB Library. Created in 1967, the East Asian Collection supports the research and curriculum of the East Asian Language and Cultural Studies Program at UCSB.
- About East Asian Language Collections
- East Asian Bibliography Room: This area includes current periodicals in Chinese, Japanese and Korean (except newspapers, which are in the Current Serials area on the 2nd floor). In addition, the most frequently-used reference works for the East Asian Collection are located here.
- Stacks: The majority of the collection is stored in the East Asian Collection stacks (or bookshelves) located in the west end of the floor. Oversized books are shelved at the beginning of the stacks.
- There are 5 public computers in the lobby of the East Asian Collection.
- Most of the study space in the East Asian Collection is located in the lobby and in the East Asian Bibliography Room.
- Group Study/Conference Room is located behind the elevators; priority is given to classes and conferences.