UCSB librarians are available to help with your research needs--whatever they may be! Here are all the ways you can ask a librarian for help.
Ask by Chat
- Use the widget at left to submit your question.
- This is a cooperative service; you may be chatting with a librarian from another academic library.
- Available: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Ask by Email
- Submit Your Question
- We will respond within 1 business day.
Ask a Subject Librarian
- Subject Librarians
- Every academic department is assigned a subject librarian.
- Find contact information for the subject librarian in the area you are conducting research and contact them directly with a question or to set up an appointment.
Schedule a Research Consultation Appointment
- Schedule an Appointment with a Librarian
- UCSB students, faculty, and staff may schedule an appointment with a librarian for assistance with their research needs.
- All research consultations will be conducted online via Zoom.
- You must schedule your appointment 24 hours in advance.
- Available: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am - 5:00pm; Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00pm.
If you don't know where to get started, view Research Guides for a list of resources in your subject area.