About the Sciences-Engineering Library
The Sciences-Engineering Library (SEL) is located on the 2nd floor of Davidson Library and contains collections related to the natural and applied sciences, engineering, and technology. Call numbers in this area of the library are G-GE and Q-Z.
- SEL Reference Collection: This area includes reference books, indexes and abstracts, and the oversized books for science and engineering.
- SEL Stacks: The majority of the collection is stored in the SEL stacks (or bookshelves). Call numbers start behind the SEL desk and continue into the two-story part of the building.
- Current Serials: This area houses current journals, magazines, and newspapers for all call numbers in the SEL Library and the Main Library. There are also photocopiers located here.
2nd Floor Desk
- Desk: The 2nd Floor Help Desk is located at the top of the main staircase.
- Science Librarians: You can get specialized research assistance by contacting one of our science librarians.
- Main Desk or Ask a Librarian: When the 2nd Floor Help Desk is closed, you can also ask for assistance at the main reference desk on the 1st floor or through our Ask a Librarian service.
- There are 16 public computers in SEL.
- Print release station #5 is located in the SEL computing area.
- Group Study Room (near computing area)
- Graduate Student Study Rooms
- Quiet Study Room
- Tables and carrels located throughout the Sciences-Engineering Library