About the Sciences-Engineering Collections
The Sciences-Engineering collections located on the 2nd floor of the UCSB Library and contain materials related to the natural and applied sciences, engineering, and technology. Call numbers in this area of the library are G-GE and Q-Z.
Library Renovation Update: Until the renovated building opens on January 4, 2016, materials in this part of the collection are available through our paging service.
The library catalog shows all available formats and provides links to electronic sources.
- Sciences-Engineering References Materials: Sciences and Engineering reference materials are housed in the Main Reference Collection of the UCSB Library. Materials in this area are currently available through our paging service.
- Sciences-Engineering Stacks: The majority of the collection is stored in the Sciences and Engineering stacks (or bookshelves). Materials in this area are currently available through our paging service.
- Current Serials: The majority of science and engineering journals are available through online subscriptions. For those we receive in print, the current issues are located in the Current Serials area on the 1st floor. This area houses current journals, magazines, and newspapers for all call numbers in the UCSB Library. Materials in this area are currently available through our paging service.
- 2nd Floor Help Desk: There is a help desk located at the top of the main staircase on the 2nd floor.
- Science Librarians: You can get specialized research assistance by contacting one of our science librarians.
- Main Desk or Ask a Librarian: When the 2nd Floor Help Desk is closed, you can also ask for assistance at the main reference desk on the 1st floor or through our Ask a Librarian service.