The library subscribes to numerous online research tools. Use the menu at left to find the right resource for your research.
Access to the library's electronic resources is freely available from any computer on the UCSB campus network. Off-campus access is available to UCSB faculty, staff and students through the proxy server or VPN.
- The UCSB Library subscribes to hundreds of databases.
- Indexes and databases are organized by subject or by title.
- Many of our journals are available in electronic full text.
- Ejournal subscriptions can be found through the Electronic Journals list or through the UCSB Library Catalog.
- Google Scholar can be useful for finding obscure or incomplete citations.
- We usually recommend the library's subscription databases instead of Google Scholar because subject coverage and searchability are superior.
- Already have a citation? This tool can help you find the item in the library.