Most public computers in the library are equipped with Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, networked printing, UCSB U-Storage, and audio-visual software. Laptops available through our laptop checkout service are equipped with our basic selection of applications.
We also have computers with special software setups. Software not available at the library may be available in other campus computer labs.
Custom Software Locations
- 1st Floor, Adaptive Technology Center: Computers in this room have adaptive software for users with disabilities. Users must be registered with the Disabled Students Program.
- 1st Floor, Map & Imagery Laboratory: selected computers have GIS software and all computers have access to our digitized aerial photographs. Please make an appointment to use these functions.
- 2nd Floor: Several computers are equipped for scanning from microfilm/microfiche or from a flatbed scanner. These machines have image manipulation software installed. There is also a computer configured for using library CD-ROMs.
- 5th Floor, East Asian Collection: Computers in this area have special software for using East Asian resources, as well as language capabilities for languages that do not use the Latin alphabet (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, etc.).
- 2nd Floor, Music Library: In addition to the standard software, these machines also have special software for music-related resources.