Most public computers in the library are equipped with Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, networked printing, UCSB U-Storage, and audio-visual software. Laptops available through our laptop checkout service are equipped with our basic selection of applications.
We also have computers with special software setups. Software not available at the Library may be available in other campus computer labs.
Custom Software Locations
- 1st Floor, Ocean Side, Adaptive Technology Center: Computers in this room have adaptive software for users with disabilities. Users must be registered with the Disabled Students Program.
- 1st Floor, Ocean Side, Map & Imagery Laboratory: selected computers have GIS software and all computers have access to our digitized aerial photographs. Please make an appointment to use these functions.
- 1st Floor, Mountain Side, Learning Commons: 3 high-end Windows machines have Adobe Creative Cloud (includes Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Autodesk 123D Design, SketchUp 2016, Rhino 5, and Blender; 9 Macs with Sketchup, Blender, and Adobe Creative Cloud. For use by UCSB students, faculty, and staff with UCSB NetID and Password only.
2nd Floor, Ocean Side: Several computers are equipped for scanning from microfilm/microfiche or from a flatbed scanner. These machines have image manipulation software installed.
- 2nd Floor, Mountain Side, Interdisciplinary Research Collaboratory: includes 9 workstations, which are connected to 32” monitors, and come with a full-suite of statistical and spatial software. For use by UCSB students, faculty, and staff only.
- 5th Floor, East Asian Collection: Computers in this area have special software for using East Asian resources, as well as language capabilities for languages that do not use the Latin alphabet (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, etc.).
- 2nd Floor, Music Library: In addition to the standard software, these machines have special software for music-related resources.