- ArcGIS Software for the UCSB Community.
- Our locally owned Digital Data Collections.
- A guide to finding and using data in the library and on the World Wide Web.
- NEW! MIL now has its Network Data Collection available for browsing in the Lab.
- You can use ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, and other software in MIL.
- CSISS - GIS Cookbook
- ESRI training options
UCSB campus users may request to take any of the online courses listed as being available to education site-license holders at ESRI's Virtual Campus. To sign up, simply email //jonjab [at] library [dot] ucsb [dot] edu.
Local Projections and Coordinate Systems
The following projection files (Esri .prj) are most often used with Santa Barbara and California:
- NAD 27 UTM 10 North
- NAD 27 UTM 11 North
- NAD 27 UTM 12 North
- NAD 83 UTM 10 North
- NAD 83 UTM 11 North
- NAD 83 UTM 12 North
- California Albers. Teale DRG
- Georeference an image in ArcGIS
- Georeferencing Images and CAD Data
- Georeferencing Topo Maps in IMAGINE
LANDSAT data and procedures
- How to create a "real color" JPEG from Landast TM spectral data using ArcView Image Analysis or Adobe Photoshop