"In Process" means that an item is in the library, but not yet ready to be shelved. You can place a request for materials listed as In process through the request link in the library catalog:
Click on the In Process link:
A second browser window will open. This new window displays "UCSB Holdings" information. If the item is eligible for request, the Recall/Retrieve link will display on the left. Click on the Recall/Retrieve link.
Another browser window will open. Enter your Access Card or library card barcode number and password and click on the Login link. Your barcode number is the 14-digit number on your library card or Access Card and your password is this same number until you choose to change it.
Enter any additional information (optional):
- Pick-up and delivery location shows a pull-down menu. It will have the home library as the only option.
- You may add additional information in the Notes fields if helpful to the request.
Click on the Submit Request link.
A message will display in a new window when your request has been successfully submitted. Error messages will display when request has not been submitted.
- Items should be available within one working day. You will receive notice via email or regular mail (see Register for Email Library Notices for more information regarding library notifications).
- You may view pending requests in "My Library Account" by looking under the Hold Requests link.
- Do not forget to click on the Sign out link.
Comments: Circulation Services.