There are several ways to find foreign language materials in the library catalog.
Use Advanced Search and Limit by Language
- Used the "Advanced Search" function in the library catalog.
- Enter a search.
- Limit by language from the “language” list.
Search in the Language Using Native Script
- Works well for languages that use the Latin alphabet and for materials in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean.
- Works well for materials in Arabic, Persian, or Hebrew that were added to the collection after 2001.
- For most other non-Latinized languages, native script searching will only retrieve materials recently added to the collection. To do comprehensive searches for materials in these languages, you will need to use transliterated searches.
- Search authors and titles in non-Latin alphabet languages using standard library transliteration schemes.
- ALA-LC Romanization Tables (for non-Latin alphabet languages).