About the Collection
The Curriculum Resources Collection (CRC) is located on the 2nd floor (Ocean Side) of the UCSB Library. It is a resource collection of instructional materials for grades K-12. While it is designed primarily to serve student teachers in the UCSB Teacher Education Program, the collection is open to all library users.
Types of Materials
- Curriculum Resources Collection
- Includes children's literature, nonfiction, and teaching resources such as curriculum guides and activity books.
- Learning Resource Display Center (LRDC), Room 2589
- One of 25 display centers in California for state-adopted textbooks and instructional materials (grades K-8).
- Also includes math and science Manipulatives, Media Kits and Big Books.
- Juvenile Media Collection
- Located on the 2nd floor (Oceanside) at the end of the main library Media Collection.
- ERIC Database and Document Collection
- Index of curriculum guides, lesson plans, research reports, conference papers, journal articles, publications of educational associations, and other research and instructional materials.
Hours and Services
- The Curriculum Resources Collection and Juvenile Media Collection are accessible during Library Building Hours
- The Learning Resource Display Center (LRDC) Collection, Manipulatives, Media Kits and Big Books are accessible:
- Mondays - Fridays, 8 am - 4 pm, or by appointment in Room 2589
- Reference Assistance or Special Services
- Contact Lorna Lueck, Education Librarian
- There are three public computers in Curriculum Resources.
- Study Tables
- There are tables located throughout Curriculum Resources.
- Media equipment are available to view VHS or DVDs. See the Reference Desk.