About the Collection
The Curriculum Resources Collection (CRC) is located on the 2nd floor (Ocean Side) of the UCSB Library. It is a resource center of instructional materials for grades K-12. While it is designed primarily to serve student teachers in the UCSB Teacher Education Program, the collection is open to all library users.
Types of Materials
- Curriculum Resources Collection
- Includes children's literature, nonfiction, media, and teaching resources such as curriculum guides and activity books.
- Learning Resources Display Center (LRDC)
- One of 25 display centers in California for state-adopted textbooks and instructional materials (grades K-8).
- ERIC Database and Document Collection
- Index of curriculum guides, lesson plans, research reports, conference papers, journal articles, publications of educational associations, and other research and instructional materials.
- Juvenile Media Collection
- Located on the 2nd floor (Oceanside) at the end of the main library Media Collection
Hours and Services
- Service Hours
- The Curriculum Resources Collection is accessible during Library Building Hours
- The LRDC Collection, Manipulatives, and Media Kits are accessible:
- Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm, or danielagonzalez [at] ucsb [dot] edu (by appointment)
- Reference Assistance
- Contact Lorna Lueck, Education Librarian and Head of Curriculum Resources
- Specialized Services
- For research consultations, group lectures, or tours, call (805) 893-7111.
- There are public computers in Curriculum Resources.
- Study Tables
- There are tables located throughout Curriculum Resources.
- Media viewing stations are available near the Reference Desk