About the Curriculum Laboratory
The Curriculum Laboratory is located on the 2nd floor, in the southeast corner of Davidson Library. It is a resource center of instructional materials for grades K-12. While it is designed primarily to serve student teachers in the UCSB Teacher Education Program, the collection is open to all library users.
- Curriculum Collection
- Includes children's literature, nonfiction, media, and teaching resources such as curriculum guides and activity books.
- Learning Resources Display Center (LRDC)
- One of 25 display centers in California for state-adopted textbooks and instructional materials (grades K-8).
- ERIC Database and Document Collection
- Index of curriculum guides, lesson plans, research reports, conference papers, journal articles, publications of educational associations, and other research and instructional materials.
- Juvenile Media Collection
- Temporarily located on 1st Floor South of Davidson Library at the end of the main library Media Collection
Curriculum Laboratory Services
- Service Hours
- The Curriculum Collection is accessible during Davidson Library Building Hours
- The LRDC Collection, Manipulatives, and Media Kits are accessible during 2nd Floor Help Desk Hours
- Reference Assistance
- Contact Lorna Lueck, Education Librarian and Head of the Curriculum Lab
- Specialized Services
- For research consultations, group lectures, or tours, call (805) 893-7111.
- There are public computers in Curriculum Lab.
- Study Tables
- There are tables located throughout the Curriculum Lab.
- Juvenile Media Collection is temporarily located on 1st Floor South of Davidson Library at the end of the main library Media Collection
- Media Viewing Station