Content Management Services (CMS) is composed of four clusters: Original Cataloging, Copy Cataloging, Database Management, and Data Curation / Metadata.
Content Management Services supports user access to library resources in multiple ways:
- Provides cataloging and metadata for general, special, and digital collections, including art, government publications, music, media, and UCSB dissertations in all subject areas, in many languages, and in various formats
- Provides consistent forms of names, titles, and subjects to bring related works and concepts together in the catalog (authority control)
- Maintains the catalog, correcting catalog errors, adding copies and volumes, and synchronizing the UCSB catalog with Melvyl (the all-UC catalog)
- Maintains the collection, adding and withdrawing copies and volumes, transferring materials to the Southern Regional Library Facility (SRLF)
- Coordinates cataloging and metadata standards, policies, and procedures with local, UC systemwide, and national requirements