The following is a brief description of location codes you will encounter in the online library catalog.
Music Collection Locations
- Stacks: main collection, mostly circulating materials
- Miniatures: “pocket” or “study” scores, shelved just inside the Music Library
- Oversize: larger materials shelved at the back left side of the Music Library
- Folio: very large score materials shelved at the left side of the Music Library before Reference
- Reference: non-circulating dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc., shelved at the left side of the Music Library
- Music Service Desk: sound and video recordings; for in-library use only
- Cage: special collection materials for in-library use only. Please inquire at the Music Service Desk; items must be retrieved from closed stacks.
- Microfiche and Microfilm: in the cabinets in the Reading Area
- Goethe Collection: Please inquire at the Music Service Desk; items must be retrieved from closed stacks.
Art collection materials stored off site may be obtained by submitting electronic forms:
- Annex: via the library catalog or Annex Request Form; retrieved twice weekly
- SRLF (Southern Regional Library Facility): via Next-Gen Melvyl or Interlibrary Loan
New Library Materials
New books and scores are shelved in the reading area for seven days. A selection of the most recent issues of journals is displayed in the Stacks area.