Art collection materials have been moved to their new locations in the UCSB Library. Until that area is opened to the public in Winter 2016, you can request retrieval of these materials.
The following is a brief description of location codes you will encounter in the online catalog.
Art Collection Locations
- Stacks: main collection, mostly circulating materials
- Oversize: located between the AEC collection and the main collection
- AEC: non-circulating art exhibition catalogs
- Cage: special collection materials that must be retrieved from the closed stacks and may be used in-library only with photo ID
- Reference: non-circulating dictionaries, encyclopedias, etc., located in the Reference Room
- Reference Blue: frequently-used “ready reference” resources
- Reference Green: auction and sales indexes
- Reference Tan: copyright-free clip art images
- Reference Orange: periodical indexes, general encyclopedias and foreign-language dictionaries
- Circulation Desk: CD-ROMs and reserve materials
- Microfiche: in the cabinets in the Reference Room
- Microfilm: on the 1st floor of the Arts Library
- Video: on the 2nd floor in the Music Collection
Art collection materials stored off site may be obtained by submitting electronic forms:
- Annex: via the library catalog or Annex Request Form; retrieved twice weekly
- SRLF (Southern Regional Library Facility): via Melvyl or Interlibrary Loan
New Library Materials
New books and exhibition catalogs are shelved in the lobby for ten days in a constantly-rotating display. A selection of the most recent issues of journals is displayed in the Stacks area.