News

The News Archive contains summaries of news stories about prominent news developments. The heading of each item links to the full text of that story.

Slavic Folk Art Featured in New Library Exhibit

A new exhibit of Slavic folk art can be found in the main hallway of Davidson Library.

More Hydration Stations Added to the Library

Got water? If not, check out the new hydration stations in the library.

KDB-93.7/FM Radio: UCSB Celebrates the Golden Age of Opera (1850’s-1920)

David Seubert, Acting Head of Special Collections, recently spoke with KDB-93.7/FM about the current exhibition in Special Collections--"Stars of the Opera Stage: ‘Golden Age' Images from the William R. Moran Collection."

Today’s Highlight: Colección Tloque Nahuaque

As one of several leading collections of its kind, the Colección serves as the university's major source of information on the cultural heritage and history of Chicanas/Chicanos and Mexicans in the United States.
Collections

Stars of the Opera Stage: "Golden Age" Images from the William R. Moran Collection

An exhibit featuring the stars of opera's "Golden Age" is now on display in Special Collections.

Flying A Studios Centennial Celebration

Rare documents from Flying "A" Studio from Special Collections will be on display in the Pollack Theater in conjunction with the Flying "A" Studio Centennial Celebration on Saturday, July 7.

Robert B. Moran and William R. Moran Papers Now Available for Research

The collection relates primarily to early oil exploration in California, other parts of the United States, and abroad, with a large photograph component to the collection.

Library Student Worker Wins Award for His Work in MIL

Geography major Seth Gorelik, a graduating senior who has worked in the library's Map & Imagery Lab, has been awarded UCSB’s Jeremy D. Friedman Memorial Award for doing just that.

New Exhibit on the Tuskegee Airmen in the Ethnic and Gender Studies Library

The new exhibit in the Ethnic and Gender Studies Library is “Tuskegee Airmen, American Heroes. Established January 16, 1941.”